About 10 days ago, I finished planting out the new garden bed. Hurray! Now I get to sit back and watch as the plants grow and fill out the space, and hopefully things will be looking more lush in spring. Yes, I know the lawn is already looking lush (Husband…).
All the plants I used are natives. I had planned on doing mostly natives with a few exotics, but there are just so many attractive and varying natives that I ended up going the whole hog. Here is my plant list.
- Acaena inermis ‘Purpurea’ (Purple Piripiri)
- Mazus radicans (Radical Teat, Swamp Musk)
- Scleranthus uniflorus
- Carex comans (Bronze) (Longwood Tussock)
- Carex trifida (Mutton-bird Sedge)
- Isolepis cernua (Fiberoptic Grass)
- Phormium ‘Jack Spratt’
- Phormium ‘Sweet Mist’
- Myosotidium hortensia (Chatham Island Forget-me-not)
- Blechnum fluviatile (Water Fern)
- Doodia media (Rasp Fern)