Here is the recipe for our daily (or second-daily) wholemeal bread. I have been asked for it by numerous people – it’s just so good!
The original recipe was posted on Food.com by 100% Whole Grain Wheat Bread. This makes two loaves in the traditional oven method, which I did before we got our Panasonic breadmaker. We adapted it for our breadmaker and tastes as follows, and this is the order we put the ingredients in (refer to your breadmaker instruction booklet for the recommended order).and is called
Place bread pan on scales and zero.
- 1 Tbs dry active yeast (we usually use Tasti Bread Maker Yeast)
- Wholemeal flour to bring scales to 500g (with yeast included)
- 1 tsp salt
- 30g molasses (but we like more so we make it ~40g)
- 40g honey (or 2 Tbs granulated glucose, also called dextrose or brewer’s sugar)
- 30g olive oil
- 310ml water (if using glucose do 325ml water, as glucose soaks up more liquid; water doesn’t need to be warm as the breadmaker heats it up)
This can be made on either the Wheat Bread cycle or the Rapid Wheat Bread cycle. The normal Wheat Bread cycle makes it a bit bigger and lighter and is handy for setting the timer overnight so you can have your tasty bread ready in the morning. The Husband slightly prefers the Rapid Wheat Bread cycle as he likes the more dense, sumptuous texture.
So, there you have it – tastiness in a loaf. Life wouldn’t be the same without it.